Taking Care of Your Skin During Pregnancy
in Avon, Connecticut
Women often have a “healthy glow” during pregnancy, but there are many skin issues that may go along with Motherhood due to changing hormones.
- Redness, flushing of the face and neck – (Blood volume doubles during pregnancy, resolving after birth when blood volume returns to normal.)
- Acne/Blemishes – (Changing hormones may cause or sometimes help.)
- Melasma (pregnancy mask) – (A darkening of the skin on the face and neck, also aggravated by sun exposure.)
- Wash face 2 times daily (AM/PM) with a gentle wash.
- Tone with a hydrating/gentle toner to balance the PH of the skin.
- Use of a gentle exfoliant 1-2 times weekly.
- Moisturize as needed.
- A good quality SPF daily in the AM after moisturizer.
Many ask what products are NOT good during pregnancy. Some of the products listed below are not suggested by Doctors to name a few. As always it is best to check with your OB/GYN with any ingredients or products in question.
- Benzoyl Peroxide
We here at Stanislaw Facial Plastic Surgery Center would be happy to help you find the correct products to keep your skin healthy during your pregnancy.Back to Blogs