Tips on Aseptic Practices
in Avon, Connecticut
Here at Stanislaw Facial Plastic Surgery Center, we have always taken great care to implement proper protocols to keep our patient and staff’s health a top priority. Some of these are recommended for at-home use as well.
We wanted to take this time to educate you about the importance of maintaining proper
aseptic practices for tools and products. Especially, but not limited to makeup brushes and products.
Below are some of the things we do and recommend:
- Offer new applicators with each tester
- Offer a metal palette as needed for sampling makeup or skincare products, never use your hands
- Never touch or apply sample products directly with fingers or to your skin or lips
- Sharpen all makeup pencils according to state regulations to eliminate contamination and disinfect the sharpeners as needed
- Always keep work areas clean and sanitized
- Clean your makeup brushes frequently
- Never double dip; always use a new applicator
This also applies to skincare products as well. Cleansers, toners, serums and moisturizers are applied with new, unused cotton, gloved hands, and or clean brushes.
Our displays are disinfected on a regular basis. To avoid inadvertently cross-contamination our displays and samples, we suggest asking for assistance.
If you help yourself to displays, we may politely request you to refrain from touching displays and samples, so please, never take offense if a gentle reminder is given when it comes to trying testers. These policies are to keep all our patients safe!Back to Blogs