LIQUID RHINOPLASTY - INJECTABLE FILLERS
What is a Liquid Rhinoplasty?
A Liquid Rhinoplasty is a non-surgical treatment that changes the shape of the nose using injectable fillers. A Liquid Rhinoplasty can improve the shape, size, and position of the nasal tip in some situations, it can straighten the nose in some situations, and it can be used to hide a bump in some situations. A Liquid Rhinoplasty is not for everyone, since it can only be used to fill hollows or depressions. A Liquid Rhinoplasty does not make a nose smaller and it does not remove bumps. A consultation and an examination is needed to determine if you are a candidate for a Liquid Rhinoplasty.
Before & After Photos - Liquid Rhinoplasty
What product is used for a Liquid Rhinoplasty?
Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, and Radiesse can all be used for a Liquid Rhinoplasty. The Hyaluronic Acid fillers (Restylane, Perlane, and Juvederm) are the preferred injectable fillers for a Liquid Rhinoplasty:
1. They are the easiest to mold and shape.
2. They can be completely removed within 24 hours by the injection of another medication, if so desired.
3. They do not interfere or prevent a future rhinoplasty.
What are the benefits of a Liquid Rhinoplasty over a Surgical Rhinoplasty?
1. A Liquid Rhinoplasty has little if any down time. Bruising is rare, and most people are able to go back to work immediately.
2. It is excellent at correcting minor depressions.
3. You will see the results immediately.
4. It is very safe.
5. If you don't like it, it can be dissolved within 24 hours.
What are the down sides of a Liquid Rhinoplasty?
1. It can not make a nose smaller.
2. It is not for every nose. A consult is required to determine if a Liquid Rhinoplasty is right for you.
3. A Liquid Rhinoplasty is temporary.
How long does a Liquid Rhinoplasty last?
It depends on several factors:
1. It depends on which injectable filler is being used (please refer to the pages specific for each product)
2. It depends on the area of the nose being injected.
It depends on the patient; some people breakdown products faster and some people hold on to products longer. There is no way to predict how long a specific product may last in a specific person. During the consultation I can give general ranges for a specific product, for a specific location, but there are no guarantees of duration.
Does a Liquid Rhinoplasty hurt?
A topical numbing medication is applied to the skin prior to the injection. Also, the injectable filler has a numbing medication mixed into it, making the nose numb as the injection progresses. The numbness lasts for about one hour. After the numbing medication wears off there will be no discomfort.
What are the instructions after a Liquid Rhinoplasty?
1. Gently apply ice packs to your nose as tolerated for the first 24 hours.
2. Keep your head of bed elevated for the first 24 hours. You should use a couple pillows to keep your head slightly elevated above the level of your heart.
3. Do not push on, apply pressure, or massage your nose for the first two weeks. After two weeks there are no activity restrictions.
4. Make up can be worn at anytime.
5. You can get your nose wet (shower, swim, etc.) immediately.